Nanette’s Oven Roasted Orange Chicken
One of my favorite recipes when entertaining family and friends is my oven roasted orange chicken. It’s easy, elegant and so flavorful!
I find that the best way to give roast chicken some depth is to baste it with a flavorful liquid. My liquid of choice is orange juice. Not only does it add a sweet, tangy flavor to the crispy skin, it also creates a ready-made sauce that can be spooned over sweet potatoes or rice.
- 1 whole organic chicken, cut up
- 12 oz can of frozen concentrated orange juice
- Remove frozen orange juice can from the freezer an hour or two before hand so it will melt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Pour orange juice over the whole chicken
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 1 hour, basting occasionally
- Once cooked, allow the chicken to rest out of the oven for 10 minutes before slicing
- Cook’s Note: To check the chicken for doneness, insert a instant read thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh. It should register at 165 degrees.>
- Posted In: